Sunday, November 7, 2010

Breast Cancer & Chemo

As many of you know I was diagnosed with breast cancer in September of this year. I had surgery to remove the lump and lymph nodes. One out of the nineteen nodes removed was cancerous. This changed my treatment plan from surgery and radiation to surgery chemo and then radiation. I underwent my first chemo treatment on October 28th. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was a little sick on Saturday and really sick on Sunday. Monday showed some signs of improvement although I was still very tired. As I write this on Sunday exactly nine days after my treatment I am feeling pretty good. A little tired, but that is to be expected.

I am determined to fight this cancer that has invaded my body and my life with everything I have. I will not let this win nor will I let it change my life.

I will continue to post and let you know how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment