Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Hair

The doctor told me that within seven to fourteen days of my first chemo my hair would begin falling out. Today is day ten and my hair has begun to come out. Just a few strands at a time. While I knew it would happen and I thought I had prepared myself I am still finding myself very emotional over these first few strands. I keep telling myself that it is only hair and that my life is much more important than hair.

I guess that maybe I am more vain that I would like to believe.

How much longer until I get sick of it falling out and I decide to shave it all off?

1 comment:

  1. Lets go buy you a really expensive wig - one that everyone would envy having - even me! I have to introduce you to my friend Linda who has had chemo and lost her hair too - she can offer a lot of insight. I will arrange it soon

    ReplyDelete