Friday, November 19, 2010

Made IT!

Made it through the 2nd treatment. I am officially halfway through - only two more to go. I however look like a junkie. My left arm where the IV's have been is bruised and you can see the "track" marks.

I have gotten to meet some really nice people while going through the chemo. One lady had MS and was in a wheelchair (yes they use chemo to treat MS - who would have known). She was hilarious talking about how she had just bought Rite Aid out of all of their Christmas solar lights, at least the colored ones she left the white. We talked about her grandchildren and their chicken named Sanchez. She was a true delight!

Another younger woman came in, walking with a cane for chemo. She has two very young children at home and looked to be in her early 30's. It made me realize how GREAT I really have it. She definitely has a bigger struggle than I do.

I have a great chemo nurse Maria and a great MA Nancy. Best of all I really love my doctor, she is an awesome brilliant woman and I am very confident that I am in great hands.

I can't help but think that if this wouldn't have happened to me I would have missed out on these opportunities to meet new people. And I wouldn't have known how really great my life truly is. I have realized that my illness is tiny compared to what other people deal with on a daily basis.

1 comment:

  1. Trudy, I know, like you, just how lucky we are when dealing with health issues. I can say that I have met some of the greatest people within my circle of amputees. Seeing what others have to deal with, I am truly blessed. These people come into our lives for a reason. Illness makes us put our priorities in a completely different order. I think of you often and am sending all the white light you can use. Love, Patty

    ReplyDelete