Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Radiation Therapy Continues

So after seven radiation treatments I am starting to see red skin. It looks as though I have been in the sun but only 1/2 of me was in the sun (very attractive). The treatments are fast (9 minutes) except for the days I see the doctor to check for side effects I am experiencing. So far the side effects are not too bad: red skin and fatigue. Not sure if the fatigue is still remaining from chemo, but it is well pronounced. It is all I can do to get up and put in a full day at work. After work I have little or no energy left to do anything fun or necessary.

I am hoping that this is the worst it will get. Once again there are people who are in much worse circumstances than I am. One woman is dying from a brain tumor and she is not very old I would say in her early 50's. Yet she is continuing to fight against the disease that will most surely take her life. She is my hero!

The one thing that this setback in my life has given me is the opportunity to meet many new people. There are so many great health care providers and patients that I would have never met if I were not given this opportunity. I would have to say that this has been a good experience with so many life lessons learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment