Thursday, February 3, 2011

Radiation Continues

My skin is really showing the effects of all the radiation. My clavicle is reddish purple and close to blistering. The rest of the breast is red and bumpy and very sensitive to touch and chemicals. I have had to use soap that has no chemicals, no alcohol and I cannot use deodorant due to the chemicals and the reaction it would cause. Aloe Vera does no good for the most part. Aquaphor is a little better, but still not enough. Miaderm is a very expensive prescription lotion specifically used for radiation burns. I have some that they gave me, and by gave me I mean that they will be billing me for it. I understand from the radiation therapist that this is a very expensive lotion. So trying to save money I am using it sparingly. It does however seem to take some of the purple color out.

In the beginning I thought this would be a breeze, however about a week ago I had a total emotional breakdown. I lost it! I am so tired of doctors, treatments and health facilities I could scream. I am physically and emotionally drained. And yet there are still others who have it so much worse than I do. So I have picked myself back up and I trudge on fighting the fight against this disease.

I can only hope that the treatment I am currently going through will maybe help future breast cancer patients or lead to a cure. Could we be so lucky?

1 comment:

  1. Keep hanging in there. You are almost done. Everyone is so proud of you and they way you've held yourself together through all of this. Remember, you are never alone.

    ReplyDelete