Friday, February 18, 2011

ONE MORE RADIATION TO GO!

YES!! I can finally see the end of the treatment stage. Now we go into the watching, checking and making sure the cancer does not come back stage. I think that will be a little easier. I am feeling tired and run down and some days I do not want to get out of bed. I make myself because I know that what I am going through is nothing compared to what others are going through.

I still have the appointment one week after the end of radiation with the medical oncologist. That is when we will be starting Tamoxifen (hormone blocking drug). I know that I have followed all of the professional advise I have gotten and can only hope that this will keep the cancer from coming back. It is a little scary when you have a lymph node involved, especially since the tumor itself was not that large.

I will be getting another mammogram sometime in March or April to get yet another baseline after surgery and treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on getting through the treatment--I know it's a long haul. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete