Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tamoxifen and Stuff

The doctor convinced me that I need to take this drug in order to raise my chance that I will not get breast cancer again. We will see how this goes. I have taken it for two days and I have felt nauseous and "not myself". Not sure if I want to live with these side effects. I am hoping that they will go away after I get used to the drug. Not sure if Tamoxifen is the reason or if the switch to a different anti-depressant could be playing into this. I can't take Wellbutrin anymore due to the the interaction with Tamoxifen, so I am taking Effexor as my new drug.

I do know that I will give up the anti-depressant before I give up Tamoxifen. I started taking Wellbutrin to quit smoking and I decided to keep taking it because I felt as though I was a better person when taking it. Who knows if I actually need this. I still have days where I don't feel like getting out of bed; however I know that I will feel better if I do so I get up and try to accomplish something during the day.

I took my sister and her family to the airport today. They are going on a Caribbean cruise for a week, along with some friends. I was supposed to go, in fact I had the deposit paid. And then I found out that I had breast cancer and reluctantly decided that perhaps it was not the best timing to be taking a trip. I was going to be done with treatment, but who wants to go on a great trip like that with no energy and no hair? Certainly not me. I know that I have disappointed many people, but none more than myself. I hope that everyone has a great time and takes a lot of pictures so that I can live vicariously through them when they return. Hopefully there will be another trip at a later date with all of my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment