Thursday, September 8, 2011

Doctor Appointment

Had a doctor appointment today to check things out and see how everything is going. My last mammogram that I had in April was clean! They only checked the breast that had the breast cancer in it. My next mammogram appointment is October 11th where they will check both. I am very optimistic that will return a good result as well.

I am feeling much better with my energy level returning to near normal. The Tamoxifen that I am taking causes joint aches sometimes very bad joint aches. The doctor says to hang in there for two years and then they will likely switch me to another drug providing my ovaries don't wake up and start producing more hormones.

I am hoping they stay asleep and I can move on with the next phase of my life. A life after cancer that will be so much better than before. It is amazing what a health scare can do for you. You suddenly realize that tomorrow is not a promise so you live more in the moment. It is unfortunate that it took this wake up call to make me realize just how fragile life is and how quickly things can change.

I appreciate the little things in life now. Like this morning, waking up and smelling the crispness of the air as autumn approaches. I love autumn it is one of my favorite seasons! It was a year ago this month that I was diagnosed and a year ago on my birthday that I had surgery.

I have learned so much from my journey. I would encourage anyone going through cancer treatment to keep your sense of humor and appreciate the good days. It does and can get better!

And by the way I now have the hair back that I dreaded losing! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment